So, the diet. I was emailing with DeNae today about how fan-freaking-tastic she is and she had asked me if I was skinny yet...or dead. The answer to both is a resounding HELL NO!!! Although I'm actually closer to the latter. So here's what I told her. (Sorry, DeNae. This'll be a repeat for you.)
I guess when I finish these injections and the 500 calories a day they'll teach me how to reintroduce carbs and starches back into my diet. I'm mostly just looking forward to reintroducing myself to diet Pepsi and Butterfinger Eggs. I really think I'm going to chub up the minute I start eating again. The point of these 23 days is to make a "lifestyle change". But seriously, who does that? All it's made me do is compile a list of things I'll be eating as soon as this madness...I mean lifestyle change is over. So, for your reading enjoyment, here's my list of things I can't WAIT to eat:
- Cafe Rio pork salad and/or burrito.
- Oriental chicken salad from Applebee's.
- Pretty much everything on the Rib City menu but more specifically: baby back ribs (FULL rack), garlic toast, french fries and a gallon of spicy ranch.
- That new "roast burger" Arby's has been bragging about lately.
- Cereal, but more specifically: Crunch Berries, Cracklin' Oat Bran, Frosted Flakes.
- PB & J sandwich.
- Raspberry-filled powdered donuts.
- Of course, diet Pepsi and Butterfinger Eggs that only come out at Easter.
- The 6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies sitting on my fridge, unopened because I won't let my family have any until I can have some. (Does anyone know where I can get more? Seriously. I want to freeze some Thin Mints.)
So I guess that's about it. With that list it's really hard for me to understand how I got chunky in the first place. Actually, the truth is that I'm going to do better. I've decided to give myself one cheat day a week. That one day will see me through the other six days. I'll watch my carbs and sugar intake. I'm going to join Weight Watchers. I swear by WW. I've done it before and I know it works. I just wanted to do this HCG thing to jump-start the weight loss. I have zero will power and if I start a diet and don't see results right away, I get discouraged and quit. But I've worked too hard and suffered too much and paid too much freakin' money to flush my efforts. Plus, Niki and I are going to do a bunch of 5k walks (no, Melissa and Sher, we're NOT running). I'm mostly looking forward to the girl talk we'll do on these walks.
One last thing...I'm so loving being back to work. I love, LOVE, love waiting tables. I don't even mind cleaning up after people...very much. I love meeting new people. Of course, I love to make new friends but at work it's more just surfacy stuff. I meet them, we chat, I make 'em laugh (I try), they eat delicious food, they pay me, and then they leave. And then I get on my hands and knees and clean up their mess. I made $80 tonight! On a THURSDAY!!! In UTAH COUNTY!!! Yay me!
So have a great weekend! If you live in Utah county or plan on visiting the area, stop by Rib City Grill and see me! (I won't be there this weekend, though.)