Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School Pictures...Two Weeks Late

Hayden and Avery



Hayden, 5th grade

Avery, 3rd grade
Going to school in the buggy
Believe it or not...he really is smiling.
Tavis took the kids to school in the buggy.
Harley on the first day of school.




I thought it was way cute and fun for Tavis to take the kids to school in the bug on the first day. My sister, Jill, had this to say about their ride, "Lucky!!! Gosh all I ever had was the station wagon and praying it wouldn't die in front of the school. Oh wait, that was jr. high. We walked our sorry butts to elementary, up hill both ways, in the snow with bread bags over our socks to avoid them being soaked by the time we got there...true story. Most of it."

I'm pretty sure the bread bags part is TRUE!!! DeNae can verify that but I actually remember wearing bread bags or was it a lunch sack over my head?

So far school is fine. I really freakin' hate school. I hated it when I was in it and I hate it when my kids are in it. I hate doing homework with them. I hate getting up early. I hate feeling guilty when I've sent them to school with barely even a Pop-Tart in their belly. I hate bed time. I hate it all. Mostly I hate that it means summer is over and it's going to get cold soon. Even though Autumn is one of my most favorite times of the year. The mountains are absolutely gorgeous in the fall. I love Halloween. I love Candy Corns. I love the fall colors. I love that Girls' Weekend is coming up. I love the new fall line-up of TV shows. In my perfect world we'd go from Halloween to February 1st (my birthday) to Easter over night. Or over two nights. I could seriously do without all the other stuff in between. And by "stuff" I mean "snow". Ugh...I've got to stop thinking about it before I have a panic attack!

Happy Weekend Eve!!!

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love fall, but I hate that it means winter. And Girls Weekend sounds perfect right about now.

Hillary said...

thank you for your story and being willing to share it! it has touched me adn made me think about my testimony and how i will face trials in my life a little different!

AND you have a darling family!! I can't wait until I have time to read all about you! (i'm not a stalker, just a sister :)

you seem like you'd be a fun friend to have!!!

Emma said...

So true all of it!!!
why does it have to snow for so long?
the pictures are way cute!!

Vanessa said...

AWW, Harley looks cute for his first day of school, too :)

Just SO said...

Love the new look here! And great back to school pictures!

I thought I was the only one who had to wear bread bags on her feet. Glad to know I wasn't alone.

And are you going to let me come and take pictures of your family in your yard? Please!!!

Unknown said...

First, if you all haven't read Amber's post over at MMB, go do it. Right now. Go, go, go!!

Second, you gotta love the obvious "favorite children in descending order" pictures. One of Hayden. Two of Avery. One-point-six million of Harley. Who, last time I checked, didn't even GO to school.

And Jill was right about the station wagon and our winter treks to Robert Frost Elementary, but YOU weren't wearing bread bags on your feet. No, I'm pretty sure you were wearing glass slippers, and I was hauling you on my back or pulling you in one of those Laura Ingalls Wilder sled things.

Love you, little sis! See you in a few days!

Sher said...

Really? You hate your kids to go to school? I love it! I get at least 2 and a half hours of peace and quiet before the fighting commences.
but, I agree, I hate getting up early.
I get KJ off to the bus, and then go back to bed,usually. TJ And Peter don't leave until 12:30!

p.s. cute kids!!

Lesley said...

Found you by way of MMB. Great post over there btw. I feel totally the same way you do about school and the end of summer and Halloween! And we're in a new house (New to us, I mean) but I have a feeling it will be cold, and I know the snow will never melt because it's so shady. Yikes! Anyway, glad I found your blog.

Unknown said...

I had to beat someone up on the playground for you over at MMB. Check out Jeremy and his "reply".

Elisa said...

I LOVE YOU!!

My future son-in-law is adorable. Our grandbabies are going to be simply delish!!

Word Ver: better. I kid you not. My life is better cause yer mah friend. (is that sappy?)

Casey said...

Wait, who's this talking about their FUTURE SON-IN-LAW? I thought we had dibs. I wasn't aware this was going to be a competition.

I love that Tavis took the kids in a buggy. So cool!

mCat said...

Totally cute kids. I still have my breadsacks. Just in case

wendy said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto on most all of it. I hated BEING in school -math and science were NOT my friends. Hated doing homework with the kids (who knew more then me anyway) and "good breakfasts" before school is soooooo over rated!!!!
love ya girl
great photos of those kiddies