Monday, July 14, 2008

It's been a while

So it's been a while since I created this blog page. Our computer was having a hard time staying charged.

Since I lasted posted we had Tav's first official Father's Day. From the first time I talked to Tavis I knew I wanted to make him a father. I had decided years before that I was done having kids. I had a son and a daughter and I really felt like my life was complete...minus the husband, at that point. But Tavis hadn't had any biological children yet. He was a great dad to Dalton and Sidney as well as to my kids, Hayden and Avery. But he wasn't complete. I wanted more than anything to complete him. On May 23, 2008 we had our beautiful baby boy. Harley has brought such an awesome spirit to our home. He is so precious and sweet. We are so blessed to have him. So we had my family over for a BBQ on Father's Day. It was a lot of fun...very hot...but fun.

Then there was July 4th. We didn't do much that day. Tavis and I and Harley went to Sundance and sat by the creek. It was so nice! We went next door to do fireworks with our friends, the Anderson's. We tried to watch the Pleasant Grove fireworks but couldn't really see them very well. It was really fun though!

The next day was Jill and Kim's birthdays. They had been at Yuba lake all weekend and we joined them that day. It was a lot of fun despite the windy weather.

Hayden and Avery have pretty much been gone since the last week of June. It's been really quiet without them! We miss them a lot. They did come home one night last week with their cousin, Rachel. We went to dinner and roasted marsh mallows. Then Tavis went to great lengths to get them set up to sleep outside on the trampoline. I knew they weren't going to stay outside all night but he wanted to let them try. He and I went to bed around 11:00 and told the kids it was time to lay down and go to sleep. Well at 12:30 am I looked out the window to find them running around the backyard. I went outside and helped them get their bedding in the house because it was clear they weren't going to settle down. Avery told me they were running around to "get tired". That girl says the funniest things!

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Cedar City to see Kim and her family for a night. Then Kim and I went to Las Vegas to introduce Harley to Aunt DeNae and her family. We hung out in her pool and went to dinner and visited. It was so nice. Harley didn't feel very well so he cried a lot. I wish he would have felt better so they could all see what a good baby he really is! He just hates his car seat and I kind of think he gets a little carsick. So we were there for a night then back to Kim's for a night and home the next day. It was a lot of driving but a lot of fun to be with my sisters!

And that brings us up to today. Harley is feeling better. Thanks to the Gripe Water Kim's friend told us about. It settles his tummy almost immediately. Plus, I think he's glad to be home. He loves his Baby Einstein jungle gym. Sometimes he's more content under that than he is being held. He's being blessed this coming Sunday. Hayden and Avery are in Disneyland with their dad and cousins. They'll be home this weekend. I'm looking forward to having them here again!!!

I hope all of you are doing well!

No comments: