Saturday, January 30, 2010

Let The Celebrating Begin


So my birthday is coming up. It's on Monday. I love, love, love my birthday! This is the first year I've actually not looked forward to the aging part, though. But oh well. What ya gonna do, right? So I've always felt that since my birthday is the first day of the shortest month I really should be allowed to start celebrating in January and go all through the month of February. Tonight kicked off my month-long celebration!

Vanessa (whose adorable baby girl turns 3 on Monday, too) insisted we get together for my birthday (thanks, girlie!) and who am I to disappoint a friend? So we got together at Goodwood. The place where I met 6 out of 8 of these awesome, awesome women. I met them almost a year ago at Kristina P.'s blog lunch. I can't believe what a strong bond and friendship has grown from that day. Blogging has brought to me friendships that I never thought possible. If I never blog another word it will be ok because I truly feel like I've gotten out of blogging what I wanted. Although, when I started blogging I didn't know I wanted this. Anyway, I just really, really want to tell you girls how much you mean to me. I'm so blessed to call you "friend". Thank you so much for making my birthday so special. I am the luckiest girl in the world. I feel bad, though, that I'm in a fight with all of you because I told you, "no gifts or we're in a fight". And every last, stinkin', darling one of you brought me a gift. NAUGHTIES!!!!!

OK, we're made up. Let's never fight again. Until my birthday next year.

It's times like tonight that I really miss my sister, DeNae. She's my bestest blogging buddy. My biggest cheerleader. And seriously in the top three funniest people I know (numbers 1 and 2 being me and, well, me). I wish she lived closer so she could join me at all my bloggy outings. If you don't read her Backordered Life, you're totally missing out. Love you, sister!

So here we are: going from front left, clockwise around the table: Veronica, Melissa, Me, Sherrie, (half of) Kristina, Motherboard, Annie, Tiberon, Vanessa. I apologize for the devil eyes! I really did do the "red eye fix". My computer must know things about some of you that I don't....HA!

Again, thanks so much for making me feel so special and so loved. And I hope that you all know just how loved and special you are to me.

That's what I'm celebrating this year. Not that I'm turning 34. But that I have such great, great friends.

19 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It was SO FUN! I love your guts. Thanks for inviting me. And OF COURSE we were going to bring presents.

I expect to see Bumpit pictures!!

veronica said...

I'm glad the fight didn't last long because you DESERVE presents!!! Lots of them!
Last night was SO fun. Let's not wait a whole year to do it again.

Unknown said...

WAAAH! I wish I had been there, too! And this time, I didn't even get my face on a take-out box so I could be added to the picture! Stupid, stupid Las Vegas!

It sounds like you all had a great time. And thanks for giving Amber presents; she never means it when she says, "Really, just having you around is enough."

We'll have to get together, maybe in April when I come up for Storymakers. Or May, for the CBC!

Happy Birthday, little sister! And remember, 34 for you means 46 for me! So stop whining!

(WV: annes. No kidding. It's like it's taunting me that Annie has taken my place in the club! (ANNES in and DeNae doesn't even get her face on a styrofoam box." Stupid, stupid word verification!)

Vanessa said...

It was so much fun. I'm glad I thought of it and you carried it out (did I drop the ball, or what?)

You are one of the funniest people I know and your one liners, abbreviations and quotes crack me up!

We will sing to you on Monday when Vivi blows out her candles :)

AS Amber said...

DeNae! I totally drew your picture on my to go box & took a picture of it but Annie took it, ran out of the restaurant, threw it on the ground and backed over it with her car. I was furious! I had a huge rack of ribs in there!!
(Seriously though, I did take a pic with my phone & it kept blacing half of it out. Lame.)
I'm gonna post a picture of all the loot I got from my friendies.

Sher said...

Thanks for letting little old me be your friend. I love your stinking guts!

I'm sad Denae couldn't make it. I miss her too.

Happy Birthday!

wendy said...

Oh damn, doubld damn, crap. I would have loved to have been there. AND MY PRESENT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST (tee,hee) so fun to get together.
so lucky to have friendships to share these events with
so blessed.
DeNae is a scream, as are YOU

I will have to call you ON THIS MOMENTOUS BIRTHDAY OF YOURS--the month long celebration

Suzy said...

Happy Birthday..

Blasé said...

Everyone looks all dolled-up in that pic!

annie valentine said...

I am to try a shout out to you on the telly tomorrow. We'll see if Darin will go for it...

Casey said...

Wow, that's a big group of bloggy peeps, looks like so much fun!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a great day!

Elisa said...

That really was a blast! Even if you didn't know where Tuscany was. Heh.

My life was *so* boring before He brought you and DeNae into it. I'm glad he knew I needed some fresh air!

DeNae: Let it be known that I was YELLING at Amber to draw your picture on the Styrofoam box. You can never be replaced!

Thanks for being my real life friend. You are a blessing, and I sure love you! (hows that for sappy?)

mCat said...

Oh my golly it was FUN!
Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

I friggin love you man!

Emma said...

Happy birthday, glad you had a good time!

Wonder Woman said...

Happy birthday! I've been reading you for a while, but your last few posts haven't come to my reader. (Wha?) Sounds like you had a great birthday. My FIL is born at the beginning of Feb, too, and has declared it "All About Him Month." It actually starts mid-January. So I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to prolong the celebration.

The ladies you dined with are some of the funnest I know!! I don't doubt that you had a blast!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Amber, belated but sincere.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you all had a great time.

GreenJello said...

Happy birthday, Amber! Sorry I'm such a lousy friend, showing up late to your blog...

:)

tiburon said...

It was the most fun ever.

Mostly cause I was there.